Monday, January 2, 2012

Well....I'm back

Ummm, hi.  So it's been what, like over a year?  Long time no update. 

2011 was kind of a rocky year.  Wait.  Who am I kidding?  The rockiness started the end of 2010.  But I digress, I'll leave out the "hows" and "whys"and get right to the matter at hand.  I've put about 65 lbs of my lost weight back on.

So here I sit at 262 lbs.  The last time I wrote in this blog, I was at 198.2 lbs.  I know, right?  I really let myself go.  I'm not proud. 

What happened?  Long story short, I think I got cocky.  I was still well on my way throughout the end of 2010.  I had started P90X and was sticking pretty close to my diet.  I started slipping on both diet and exercise around the middle of February 2011.  I ballooned up to 215 lbs.  Then 220 lbs.  Then 225 lbs.  I would catch myself, get my diet in order for a few weeks and lose some weight here and there, but I would always slip again.

Things really went to pot in the summer.  I started eating out alot and pretty much stopped all exercise completely.  I got up the 235 (funny how I always catch myself on weights divisible by five, huh?).  I tired to get things in order again around October, but life had other plans.  Again, I'll spare the details, but some stuff happened in my life, Halloween and all its delicious confections was looming, not to mention a fat guy's favorite holiday...Thanksgiving.

By Thanksgiving, I had really just said "screw it", and I hit the 262 lb mark.

Well, I've decided that I can't let that happen.  While I was off work for Christmas holidays (another important time on the fat guy calendar), I began putting together an exercise/food journal.  Starting January 2 (that's today!), I'm going to write down everything I eat and its calorie count.  I'm sticking mainly to the nutrition plan I learned in 2010 from the good folks at Nutrisystem. So I'll be trying to stay between 1600 and 1800 calories a day (not counting the added protein shake once I start more intense workouts).

My exercise plan is to use several different workouts, changing monthly, between today and the end of July. I'll add August through December once I see where I am in July.   Weight days, cardio days, recovery days, off days...the whole kit-n-kaboodle.  I'll mainly be using Beachbody products for my workouts - P90X, Insanity, and P90X2.  I'm starting this month, however, with the workout video I used in 2010 when I first decided to fight my fat.  John Basedow is kind of weird and not nearly as entertaining as Tony Horton, but he's helped me lose weight before so I figure he's an obvious choice to help me get started this time.

Anyway, my goal weight is 200 lbs this time.  I spoke with my doctor and we decided that I looked rather sickly below 200 lbs so that would be a healthy weight for me.  I plan on blogging at least once a week on my weigh in days, maybe more if the mood strikes me.

I appreciate any comments, postive or negative and thanks for joining me (again)!

2 comments:

  1. Rock on Big Daddy Diesel...maybe I'll get motivated to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did my "easy" workout last night and almost died, but I'm hanging in there! You should join Abs by April with me and Bill.

    ReplyDelete